Sunday, January 23, 2011

Very seldom do I agree with these two, but....

Here Thomoas Suddes suggests that Ohio Constitutional changes might be in order. While I don't agree with change just for change's sake, Suddes has one good argument.

Rid ourselves of our self imposed term limits on House and Senate members. He says: "First and foremost would be repeal of General Assembly term limits, which curse Ohio with a legislature always looking for its next job rather than finishing the job at hand." I think the larger reason would be that the voters can't vote for who they want. The voters should decide a term limit on the elected member's merits by voting intelligently. However, since the voters know they can't / don't / won't vote intelligently, they limited themselves with term limits. Seems rather childish to me.

Here's an idea for the voters that don't trust themselves to make the correct choices when voting.........don't vote!

Here, Jim Phillips thinks it is a big deal for law enforcement to fake evidence. I do too. I'm not sure why Sheriff Kelley insists on employing this individual.

Previous post on this subject

1 comment:

  1. I agree with getting rid of the term limits. I wonder if the ORP thinks it is such a good idea now? As for the Ohio citizen, look at the state of our economy and draw your own parallel. The term limit passed in what 1982 or 83 and the race to the bottom began there as well.

    ReplyDelete