Saturday, June 20, 2009

What I'd like to hear from John Kasich


"My vote for the 1994 so-called assault weapons bill was a mistake. I will not sign a bill or enforce a law that is against Ohio's Constitution."


I haven't heard that yet, have you?

Even Ted Strickland voted against that freedom killing bill.

If Kasich wins the GOP nomination for Governor, he will be hammered on this.

Who are Ohio's gun owners supposed to vote for?

A former congressman who has voted to take away their Constitutional rights? Or a Governor who as a Congressman, has always voted to uphold the 2nd amendment and as Governor has done nothing to limit gun rights? I'll guess the latter....with all his faults. Unless Kasich starts saying / doing something about this issue. He needs to do it NOW!

I'm betting there are a lot of NRA members that would love to be able to vote for him, they're just waiting to hear this themselves....from John.

3 comments:

  1. Check it out: http://thirdbasepolitics.blogspot.com/2009/06/kasich-strickland-guns-setting-record.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but the fact remains that Strickland has always supported the 2nd amendment and Kasich voted for the "assault" weapons ban.

    The fact that Strickland stated that he does not own a gun means nothing. I don't own a newspaper but support the 1st amendment.

    It's not what they say, it's how they vote.

    This will be an issue and it needs dealt with now, instead of 3 weeks before an election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. This is an issue. No I won't vote for John if he foesn't confirm his support. I would vote for John if he makes a pro gun 2nd Amendment call saying he will not sign anti gun legislation. I trust Kasich far than Strickland; however, the 2nd Amendment is one of the Constitutional rights which is the most important. Without it we gradually lose the other 9 amendments and become extinct as a Great Republic.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive